- All rehearsals, except the dress rehearsal, will be held in the fellowship hall of Canton First United Methodist Church.
- Dress rehearsal and performance for the March concert will be at Falany Performing Arts Center (Reinhardt University).
- Dress rehearsal and performances for the June Pops concert will be at River Ridge High School.
Covid-19 Precautions & Expectations
- We will NOT require masks for rehearsals or performances. Individual singers may still wear masks if desired.
- We encourage singers to have the COVID vaccination, but do not require it.
- The Chorale will assume no liability for COVID infections of members.
If you miss more than 2 rehearsals for any one concert, you need to contact the director for advice as to whether you are able to continue for that concert.
Dues for the season remain $50, to be paid at the first rehearsal.
Community members that enjoy singing and serving their community through the gift of music! We especially encourage Tenors and Basses to audition for ensemble balancing needs.
Contact Artistic Director Scott Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a suitable time for an audition.
The 10-minute audition will consist of the following:
- Short prepared solo (30 seconds - 1 minute) to be sung a cappella. A verse of a hymn is acceptable.
- Sight read a verse of another hymn.
- Complete several vocal exercises to demonstrate range and vocal control.
We hold two audition sessions each year, one in August just prior to the first rehearsal for the Christmas concert and one in January just before the first rehearsal for the spring concert.
The Chorale produces three concert works each season, one before Christmas, another in March, and a Pops concert before our summer break.
Fall (Christmas Concert): Rehearsals begin late in August and the performances are early in December.
Spring (Classics Concert): Rehearsals start early in January and the performance is in late March.
Pops Concert: Rehearsals start the week after the spring concert and the performances are at the beginning of June.
Rehearsals for the Chorale are on Monday nights throughout each concert session, from 7:00-9:00 p.m. (location TBA).
Extra rehearsals before performances may be required and notice will be provided well ahead of time. A full season schedule is provided to all members.
Thinking of joining us? Contact us for more information.
Membership in the Cherokee Chorale is open to singers and non- singers alike. Non-singers may serve in various positions, including as members of the Board of Directors.
To become a singing member, you will be asked to participate in our audition process to ensure the ensemble contains the right voices in the proper balance. If you love to sing, can easily learn and read standard music notation, and enjoy the privileges and challenges of singing with professionals and hobbyists alike, we welcome you to come audition for us!
As a member of Cherokee Chorale, you will be able to be involved in all aspects of the development and activity of the Chorale, including voting procedures and running for and holding elected offices on the Board of Directors. Members of the Chorale enjoy the ability to be involved in Chorale operations with the knowledge that they are supporting a premier regional arts organization dedicated to making quality music for the good of all. Membership requires a small contribution of dues once per year, the initial cost of concert attire, and a desire to be involved.
Copyright © Cherokee Chorale | All Rights Reserved
P.O. BOX 965, Canton, GA 30169, United States